Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why Hope?

One year ago last night, I had a dream. In my dream, my husband and I were discussing our lives prior to meeting one another. We discussed how hope had seen both of us through our darkest, loneliest moments in life and that it was that same hope that had brought us together. In my dream we had a baby girl, her name was Hope.

When I woke up the next morning (one year ago today) I told my dear husband that if we ever had a baby, and if that baby was a girl, we should name her Hope. He agreed.

Just for kicks and giggles, that morning  I took a little test......


Because of  our combined hope (to cherish a desire with anticipation) we have HOPE!  I know that sounds a little cliche, but it couldn't be more true.  My life has taken interesting and amazing turns since the day I was born.  One year ago today, a simple test indicated that one of my greatest hopes in life would come true.


Hope Mary Nan
Born 6/21/2010

2 comments:

  1. oh that gives me goosebumps! What a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all starts with a dream, doesn't it?
    love your beautiful little Hope.

    ReplyDelete